In the hustle and bustle of this fast-moving world, staying balanced becomes more and more difficult. Without sounding too much like a self-help guru, here’s a few things that I find helps me:
- Drink enough water. First thing in the morning and the last thing before you sleep. And no, the water in your coffee/whiskey/beer does not count.
- Get enough sleep. Enough rest allows you to be able to do the things that make you happy.
- Find time in the day to sweat. Exercise boosts your mood, energy levels and keeps your focused.
- Use the 50/10 rule…concentrate on something for 50 minutes and then take a 10 minute break. Working hours at a time won’t do you any good. Creative minds needs time to cool-off…
- Build your day around 4 tasks that need to be completed.
- Read… reading isn’t only relaxing, it also increases your knowledge and keeps you inspired.
- Brainstorm… nothing increases creativity like bouncing ideas off others.
- Express gratitude, even if it’s for little things, gratitude promotes happiness.
- Clean your desk. My desk is organised chaos at times, but a definite fact is that a tidy desk allows you to focus! Organised chaos does not always work.
- Find time during the day to reflect and to evaluate who you are, where you are, and where you are going.
- Do something that makes you happy, whether it’s reading, playing an instrument or exercise. Just have a bit of fun, that won’t only lift your morale but also provide you with initiative and out of box thinking.
Written by: PRIO Communications and Consulting